- The Aerodynamic subsystem is responsible for the design and optimisation of the aircraft. This subsystem captures and models in accordance with the user requirements, design, analyse and optimize the aircraft. This subsystem is categorised as such:
- Conceptual Sizing - Study the user requirements and accordingly design the nascent framework of the plane.
- Flight Dynamics - Study the performance, stability and controls of the aircraft and accordingly change the design parameters to best suit the desired objectives.
- Analysis - Simulate and analyse the aircraft in virtual settings via dedicated softwares and optimize the design while collating with live test results.
- Structures is responsible for
- CAD design - Modelling each component of the plane and assembling them, to help in manufacturing,
structural and aerodynamic analysis, final assembly.
- Stress analysis - Each component is structurally analyzed to ensure none of them break or deform out of bounds due to the stresses in flight.
- Material Selection - Appropriate materials are selected to ensure components have enough strength to withstand the loads
while being as light as possible
- Wing load testing - Wings undergo ground testing to ensure they do not break under the large loads they are subjected to in flight
- The Software subsystem is responsible for the onboard processing of the images collected during the mission.
This includes identifying the potential targets, classifying them and geotagging them for future purpose.
The subsystem is categorized into:
- Image Processing and Machine Learning - Identifying the potential targets and classifying them with precision
- Parallel Programming - Responsible for faster implementation of the image processing algorithms
- Interoperability - Responsible for autonomous update of detected targets to the server
- The Propulsion subsystem involves in the selection of a suitable power plant for the UAS(Unmanned Aerial System) in
accordance with the requirements of the other major subsystems. The subsystem focuses on optimal selection of propellers
for the chosen power plant maximizing its efficiency. Suitable selection of batteries and maintaining a full catalogue
of equipments also falls under this subsystem.
- Marketing subsytem involves bringing the sponsors for the team. It also takes care of maintaining accounts and other logistics of the team.
The current sponsor for the team is Boeing (from the Aerospace Department)
- Monetary association with sponsors
- Technical association with leading industries
- Overseeing outside vendors and agencies
Contact Us :
Phone No: +91-8080505270, +91-9987582770
©Team Rakshak, IIT Bombay